Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Bewitchin' in The Kitchen


I've been cooking up something spooky.  I finally got the pattern finished and up for sale in my Etsy. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/877433970/crochet-pattern-for-cauldron-stand-mixer

I've discovered that this cozy is not only a great place to keep my mixing tools hidden away, but also a great place to squirrel away some candy for myself. 

October is flying by way too fast. I feel like I haven't been able to savor my favorite time of the year, and it's almost over. That's the real scare this Halloween. 

This mixer cozy isn't my first I've designed, but it's the first one I'm showing off here. I've got a coffee cup, and a chocolate chip cookie dough bowl written up and available for download on Etsy. I've got more planned out, a few already made.  I just need to sit down and put the patterns together. 
I'm so happy with how it turned out.   I made one last year, but I didn't like it much.  I'll show you anyway. 
Not enough eye of newt, I suppose. Much more pleased with my new one.

I hope your Halloween is full of treats, with enough tricks to keep it interesting.   If you're like me and need something spooky to listen to, I've got a few recommendations for podcasts. You can find them by searching for them in a podcast app if you've already got one. Otherwise I'll link to their main pages. I listen to true crime as well, but this is just a list for the fictional monsters. 

I listen to lots, but I'll keep my recommendations to 3 at a time. No particular order, I love so many.

NOCTURNAL TRANSMISSIONS: I'm not yelling at you, it's how it's done. This fella's voice is something spectral. He reads a lot of classics too. You can find his offerings on YouTube as well.
https://www.nocturnaltransmissions.com.au/

Wrong Station: Very twilight zone in my opinion. 
https://www.wrongstation.com/

13 Days of Halloween: Grab your best set of earbuds for this one. Kind of a dark comedy. Stories are told to you while you're given a tour of a mysterious manor house. 
https://www.grimandmild.com/13days

Happy haunting, lovelies.
--Tracie





No comments:

Post a Comment